Sunday, May 11, 2008

The past few months

We're alive and well in New Jersey. I always feel like I should say that because its so long in between my posts! The following pictures are taken from the past few months...
Claire on her seventh birthday. She is such a sweet, loving little girl.
Me after the Morristown St. Patrick's Day 5K that I ran in. It was not a pretty race, but I finished! The kids said I looked pretty bad when I came in at the finish. My time will remain undisclosed...
Joseph "fighting" his punching bag.
In spite of the spaghetti faces, I love this picture of Gracie and Claire because they have their "real" smiles.
We took the kids to the circus in April. They loved it!

Ron and Joseph at the circus.

Christian and Joseph trying on the circus clothes before the show.
And finally, this weekend we took the kids to the "Great Wolf Lodge." Its a super fun family resort in the Poconos, just about 45 minutes away from our house. We've wanted to go for a couple years, but have never been able to. Friday we picked Christian and Claire up and told them we had a surprise. We gave them clues on the drive about where we were going. Joseph figured it out when he saw the map I had printed out had a wolf on it. The kids were so excited when we drove up! It has an indoor waterpark and all the rooms are themed around wolves and camping and stuff. Our room was the "Magiquest" room. The kids each got a magic wand and their wands turned on the lights, made pictures talk, and opened a treasure chest inside our room. Then they used the wands to play this scavenger hunt game all over the hotel. They loved it. The water park was awesome.




We had a really great weekend. It just felt good to get away from the stress and cares of the world for a little bit and enjoy some time with our family. Check back in a few months for my next post!

6 comments:

janellelee said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I don't how I feel about promoting witchcraft though.

Ryan said...

that's cool Jen. It looks like a fun trip. I bet your kids loved it.

Jonny said...

that looks like a fun water park, ron should probably take off his glasses when swimming.

Lesley said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun! That waterpark looks awesome! How fun! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

angie said...

Jen!! The Bear Lodge sounds like a blast!! My kids would be in heaven! I love playing around with the family- leaving the world behind to have fun together is so important!

Unknown said...

Great post, Jen! And we WOULD love to hear more from you, but we'll take what we can get. Can't wait for our Camping Trip together in June!