Also, here's our first day of school pictures. My camera is broken and doesn't always focus for some reason. Claire looks worried in a couple of shots and I'm sure she was nervous that morning. But she LOVES 2nd grade, she loves her teacher and she lucked out because her best friend is in her class. Christian is mixed on 3rd grade--he says his teacher isn't very "fun."
I did a friend party for Christian's 9th birthday. We did it at night and had pizza, cake and played capture the flag in the dark. I let the boys paint their faces with camoflage makeup which was a bad move. I intended the camo paint to be a few stripes of green and light brown. But some of them dug their fingers into the black paint and CAKED the black all over their faces. Of course, Joseph was happy to jump on that bandwagon. I'm somewhat stressed about what the mothers of Christian's friends secretly think of me now that they picked their sons up from Christian's party covered in very-hard-to-remove black paint. I do know that it took me 20 minutes each to clean Joseph's and Christian's faces. Christian and his friends had a fun time though so I guess that's the most important thing.
Here's the kids playing a game they call "monsters." They lay on my bed and kick all their feet under the blankets:
Joseph and Gracie and I went to the zoo this week with our ward's playgroup. You can't see it but there's a HUGE pig in the background of this picture:
Ron took Christian to the Yankees game last night. They had really good seats and had a great time!
Well, that's what we've been up to in the past month. I worry about things--my brother Mike, being so far away from family, trying to get more organized, the economy and abortion (it bothers me that it happens so much and that the battle lines are so artificial). But life is going well and I feel blessed.
3 comments:
Did Mike go back east again?
I love the update Jen! I love the pic of Joseph and Gracie after you played "duck, duck, goose" I too love that children are so happy and ready to have a fun time! Miss you guys.
The pictures are great! I personally think that you and Ron and the girls should have dug in deep with the black paint too - think of what it would have been like in a picture! :) Love you all!
Thanks for the update, Jen. Great to hear how your family is doing! Did you know that we are expecting?
Post a Comment