Monday, November 09, 2009

a few snippets of beautiful





In today's 65-degree fall weather, Gracie and I built a leaf house in the front yard (thanks to Ron's Mom for the idea--I have no imagination whatsoever!). That means we took the leaves covering our grass and raked them to make walls and rooms with doors. Acorns were our food, leaves were our plates, and I was her neighbor. She invited me to her house for a sleepover and we stretched out on the grass and slept till Gracie said it was morning time. I peeked while I slept and saw birds resting in our oak tree.

During dinner Joseph, Christian and Claire giggled about having to square dance during gym class. Joseph asked me how old he would be when he went to the "promp" with a girl.

Ron played the guitar tonight while the kids sang along to a song they've composed with him. Claire sings and does cartwheels while she waits for the next verse to start. Christian sings and plays his harmonica. Joseph plays the drum. Ron tries to teach him about soft and loud but mostly its just loud.

6 comments:

The Teeples Times said...

What beautiful children you have! I love the idea of a leaf house. I bet Gracie loved it! I love when I take the time to play their games with them and get creative!

Rebekah said...

your kids are beautiful. You are such a good mom! Your kids are lucky.

angie said...

A "leaf house" is such a great idea! I bet Claire was so happy to play with you. You're such a good mom Jen!

Anne Marie said...

OH, that sounds delightful. I adore the fall back east. I can't believe how much that first picture reminds me of you, Jen!

janellelee said...

what a fun idea...too bad we cant round up enough leaves here to make a bed. i bet the kids loved it!!

D-dawg said...

These are snippets of beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I need to go lay out on our lawn with Macey tomorrow. Why do I always feel too busy? Thanks for the reminder.