Saturday, July 14, 2007

Catch up post

This is my "catch-up post." These pictures are not in order--I'm just putting them up as fast as I can before I go to bed. Basically, you'll see pictures of the following events: A trip to Pennsylvania for Boyer family history, the last day of school, a camping trip to Gettysburg, a day trip the kids and I took to a sprayground in New Jersey, Ron's family reunion in Wisconsin that we drove to last week, Joseph's fourth birthday, and a trip to Kentucky (where Ron's parents live) on our way home from the family reunion.


We visited a pottery shop and watched them making pottery in Kentucky.

In Kentucky, we visited Fort Boonesboro. This is the kids with Daniel Boone.

These are Joseph's hands after we washed them after he ate his birthday cupcake.


Joseph hugging his new pirate ship.




Joseph's birthday cake.



The kids on a tour of Manitowoc, WI. This is Ron's great-great grandmother's house. Ron thinks this looks like a depression era picture.

Gracie at the family reunion.


This is a four-generation picture that I really like.


At the family reunion, we went on a sailboat on Lake Michigan.

Joseph on the sailboat.

Gracie and I on the sailboat.


This is our Gettysburg campout. Ryan and Melanie came with us! We loved having them with us.

This is Joseph in a Confederate Civil War uniform.


This is our Memorial Day trip to the Old Goshenhoppen Church where some of our Boyer ancestors are buried.

This is Claire steering the sailboat. It was a 3-masted schooner. We got to help sail it and hoist the sails.


This is Christian on the schooner.


I love this picture!

We drove for an hour to get to this sprayground.


Gracie at the sprayground.

Christian and his buddy at sprayground.


Claire at sprayground.


This is a picture of the family traversing the field at Gettysburg National Park over which Pickett led his famous charge. This was the climax of the battle, and is known as the high-water mark of the Confederacy because the Southern army almost overcame the union lines on the other side of the field in violent hand-to-hand combat. Ron's great-great grandfather fought for the Confederacy and was captured while trying to overcome the Union lines after surviving the march across the field. This was a very emotional and solemn occasion, given the fact that our own flesh and blood had been shot at by callous, cold-blooded Yankee dogs at this very spot. [Can you guess who typed this for me?]

Gracie at Gettysburg.

We went to Gettysburg with our friends, the Croshaws and the McMullins. These are Claire's friends.


Claire's last day of school. Her teacher was Mrs. Washington.

6 comments:

D-dawg said...

Thanks for the update post. It looks like you guys have been having a ton of fun this summer! You've gone to so many fun places! I love the family picture on the boat. Also, Gracie is really really cute.

Lesley said...

Cute pics Jen!!! I am so glad you posted! It does look like you have been having a busy, fun summer so far!! WOW!!!! I love that you take your kids to so many neat places! Gracie is a doll! All of your kids are adorable and looking so grown up! I too love that 4th generation picture. That is really neat. Glad you are having fun!

grandma said...

Like all the pictures. You've had some fun trips this summer

angie said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! I love all the pictures. It's so fun to see how your kids have grown. I hope I can see you and all of them soon! I love the pic of Gracie with the sunglasses on and at the sprayground. She is a happy little girl! It's neat too that you explore the area and can teach your kids so much about our countries history. I am glad you blogged!

janellelee said...

cute pictures! i love the one of gracie on the bench. she is so pretty. you guys are doing some really fun stuff! that is great that you are taking advantage of the east coast! you look skinny in the hiking picture! joseph craps me up in some of those photos. he reminds me of reese a little bit.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! Grace and Claire are really beautiful little girls. Those are awesome vacation spots you guys are taking they are so educational and historical. That's great you guys can take advantage of all of those neat historical sites.