
Time is beautiful to me.
For me, Mondays are usually full of resolve of energy. I'm usually up on Mondays before my kids--sometimes I manage to either exercise or read my scriptures or even do BOTH by the time I wake my kids up. By Friday I'm pretty much crawling across the finish line. On Friday, my kids are often driven to school by a mother who's slouching behind the steering wheel so no one can see her pajamas. I need to work on finishing the week well. But today is Monday so I feel like I CAN change and improve and be better. So because of some great reminders I've recently had about time, I want to focus today on trying to use my time more effectively.
Elaine Dalton said in the recent CES fireside that our time is one of three gifts given to us by a loving Heavenly Father.
Julie Beck talked about time on Saturday night to all the women in the church. She said, "One of the most precious commodities we all have is time. Most women have many responsibilities and never have sufficient time to do everything their hearts and minds want to do." She then quoted President Dieter F. Uchtdorf who said that, "true wisdom in life consists of the elimination of non-essentials. What are the non-essential things that clutter your days and steal your time? What are the habits you may have developed that do not serve a useful purpose? What are the unfinished or unstarted things that could add vigor, meaning and joy to your life?"
I think today I won't spend any (more) time on this:
I think today I won't spend any (more) time on this:

I will use my time to take care of myself with this:
and
(this is obviously NOT what I look like while exercising)

And I know some families who are unemployed right now. I think I will take them dinner or maybe just some of this:

I will use my time to do more for them:

And I know some families who are unemployed right now. I think I will take them dinner or maybe just some of this:

That's how I will use my (beautiful) time today.
5 comments:
You amaze me.
Jen that's great. I love your blog. You're so insightful and profound. You're a great sister.
very wonderful to read. i need to adapt this view. it seems like such hard work for me right now...janelle
Very beautiful thoughts. My internet's been down the last 4 days, and I've actually thought that it's been better for me overall. I clearly won't give it up altogether, but I definitely need to be careful with how much time I spend checking out Stephenie Meyer's fansite. But, I am glad to be sitting here and reading your blog right now:)
Hi Jen,
Great to see you blogging again.
I love your new blog theme.
Hope you are enjoying conf. this weekend. That is beautiful to me.
Post a Comment